Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Where Oh Where

The world is an interesting place. It is hard to pick just one place that one would love to live, especially if you take this question seriously. Most people base their ideas of the perfect place to live on weather and beauty. They forget to add on the resourcefulness of an area. If I could live anywhere on earth, I would probably live in Milan. Milan offers a big city feel with Italian tradition. It is the largest city in Italy and the fifth largest in the European Union. It is also considered a fashion capital. If you like clothes, then this is a place to start. Industry is also fairly big in Milan. This means job opportunities should be available. The city is a little pricey but if I can manage to pay a little more, I would be living a much more seemingly luxurious lifestyle. Monuments from previous time periods like the Duomo will surround me. I have always been a fan of Italian cooking, so eating will be of no problem to me. The only thing I may have trouble with is the snow being that Milan is located at the foot of the Alps. I have never been a big fan of cold weather but I could deal with it if I was living in Milan. A plus side for the weather, however, are the warm Italian springs and summers. The heat is not unbearable like it can be during the spring and summer months in Atlanta, but they are not cool either. Living in Italy would also give me easy access to everything Europe has to offer. Since Milan is in northern Italy. I would be close to France, Spain, Germany, Switzerland, and Austria. If I headed south, I could just take a boat into Africa. If I lived in Italy, I would not have to worry much about currency conversion rates if I were to travel across most of Western Europe because of the Euro. Life in Milan would be filled with excitement and challenges but I would probably end up loving every moment of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment