Wednesday, February 3, 2010

All That

Growing up, I loved to watch All That on Nickelodeon. To this day, I still think it was one of the best Television shows ever made. All That brings back so many good childhood memories. It was sort of like a Saturday Night Live or Madtv for the younger folks. Watching it now, it seems like kiddy humor, but I still find myself laughing more than I do when watching any other comedy related shows on television now. With clips like Good Burger and Repairman, it is hard not to laugh. All That was a part of the good times of Nickelodeon. Now, Nickelodeon is just a jumble of pointless television shows whose viewers know nothing about the good ole shows from the good ole 90s. During its running time, All That pleased its viewers so much. It was a comedy show that was actually funny and one that children could watch without getting in trouble. All That proved that great humor and appropriateness could actually go together. All That was a show kids were proud to watch. My generation still admits they watch an episode from time to time on youtube. Other than being an important show in the lives of its viewers, All That was also important in the lives of its cast members launching many of their careers. Amanda Bynes got The Amanda Show and What I like about you, along with other numerous roles in movies. Keenan Thompson is a regular on Saturday Night Live. Nick Cannon has also received his own show on Nickelodeon (The Nick Cannon Show) and MTV (Wild'n'Out), as well as numerous movies and a brief music career. Lori Beth Denberg went on to The Steve Harvey Show. Kel Mitchell has also been in numerous films and television shows. Without All That, these actors careers may have never got off the ground. All That has and always will be one of my favorite shows. Every time I hear the theme song, I wish I could watch a full episode. As long as it stays alive in its short clips and segments on youtube, I guess I'll be somewhat satisfied.

No comments:

Post a Comment