Monday, February 22, 2010

One Good Day with More to Come

So today was an absolutely phenomenal day for my ego. At first, the day did not look all that hopeful. I was suppose to have a test in my Human Communication class at 9. I woke up and went through my everyday morning ritual before heading off to Aderhold. The weather was not all that great either. It was raining but not really hard enough for an umbrella. It was that misty rain that the wind just blows all over the place, so an umbrella would not have been much help anyway. After arriving at my class, I noticed a sign posted outside the door which stated that class was cancelled. This particular part of the Human Communication class only meets once a week. At first I was a little mad since I had woken up early and walked to Aderhold for no reason, but then I became happy knowing that I basically had another week to study for the test and I could also go back to the dorm and get more sleep before going to English class at 12. Nothing special happened in English. It was just a normal day. After English, I returned to my dorm and knocked out some homework, browsed the internet, and watched some baby mama drama on Maury before heading to the gym to play some intramural basketball. I had two games that night and both seemed like the odds were against us. The first game was a co-rec team. For this game, each team needed to have three girls on the court at all times. Our team only had two girls, and the other girl was no Candace Parker, so we were forced to play with only four people. Only the two guys on our team had subs. In a game where it was four against five, we came up on top winning by around 10 points. Since the scoring is different in co-rec games, I ended up scoring 30 points. The next game was an all girls game. We only had five people while the other team basically had a full bench. We thought this game was going to be a little difficult but we ended up beating them by around 12 points. After leaving the gym feeling glorified, I went back to the dorm. I started checking my email and found out that I was in the top 20% of college class and the National Society of Collegiate Scholars wanted me to be a member. My ego was seriously boosted that night. Hopefully this gratified feeling will spill over into spring break. Then I will really be pumped. Now, if I could only get a job.

No comments:

Post a Comment