Monday, February 8, 2010

The Popularity of Self Destruction

Most people can agree on the fact that they like living. Yes, life throws out its obstacles, but most of us make a quick maneuver and go on with our lives. What I have yet to understand is why people who love life like to destroy themselves? I have always been taught that my body is my temple and it should be well taken care of. I might not be the most health cautious person in the world, but I do my best to avoid stuff that may threaten my life further down the line. I try not to cause any intentional harm to my temple, but others do not seem to care as much. There are people in the world who smoke, drink, do drugs, and just act like they have no common sense. All of these actions puts one's life in danger, but their participants act as if they do not see a threat. Why are smoking, drinking, and drugs so popular? People think that is how one shows that they are cool. I think that is the complete opposite. That is how one shows that they are a moron. If someone starts smoking at an early age, they can have health problems before they are even considered old. Smokers say that smoking helps relieve stress. So does laughing, but laughing will not kill you. I want my lungs and other organs to continue to work properly until it is my time to go. I am proud to say that I cannot pave a small street with the tar found in my lungs. I know some people who cannot have fun at a party without drinking. I am always the odd one out at some parties, but I do not need alcohol in my system to have a good time. Get some food and some good music, and I am absolutely fine. If a party ever gets busted, I will not be the one getting arrested. Also, some girls feel that it is necessary to degrade themselves at parties in order to get a guy's attention. I respect myself and if I guy cannot respect me, than he can just keep it moving. I do not know any open drug users, but drugs are bad, too. Personally, I like knowing what is going on around me. Too bad some of the people I know do not feel the same. Self Destruction seems to be such a good thing to some people. They like that feeling that they get when they rebel against the norms of society. I like being an individual but I can do that without putting my health at risk. Self Destruction sounds like a terrible thing to do. Too bad it will never disappear.

No comments:

Post a Comment