Wednesday, March 3, 2010

First College Spring Break..Is it Like What is on TV?

So far, it isn't. Don't get me wrong, I have been having fun. I've only been away for about two days now. Nothing much has been accomplished but I'll just go on a day by day basis to let you know what happened.
Day 1: My friends and I, more like I, spent the day driving to Orlando. Upon arrival, we stopped at my sister's house and relaxed there until it was time to check into our hotel. We ate pizza and chips and salsa and watched reruns of The Game and America's Best Dance Crew. We finally decided to leave. Once we got to the hotel, we pretty much did the same thing, sat around watching television while my friends ate Wendy's. I was tired from the drive, so I was the first one to try to close my eyes. Too bad my friends had other noisy plans and my attempt to get a good night's rest were put down. Day 2: Today I woke up before my friends just to sit there and starve until they wanted to stop being lazy and move. After we got up and about we headed to the mall to buy some much unneeded articles of clothing. After the mall, we headed to the state fair and stayed there all night. Day 3: Once again with the friends who don't know how to move in the morning. I woke up around 10:30 because I wanted to be on my way to Daytona by 1. I got dressed and went to Target. When I get back they were still in the bed with nothing accomplished. Maybe when we actually get to the beach my day will get better. Well, my mood was lifted but the beach didn't share my happiness. The shore was pretty much dead. No one was in the water and the only people one could find were the old folks. After the beach, we went to Ihop, which made everything all better. We took the drive back to Orlando and lied around the hotel room finding anything and everything to laugh at. Day4: Once again, I woke up before everyone else. I picked up my little sister and headed to the mall. The mall visit didn't last long since my sister didn't feel well. I returned to the hotel and waited for something to come up. Later on that day, I went to visit my mother's old friend. We weren't there for long. Afterwards, we made a surprise visit to my sister's house hoping to receive some dinner. We ate quesadillas, managed to rake up some free Disney tickets, and then made our way to Coldstone, diabetes in a cup. After raising our blood sugar, we just relaxed in the room. Day 5: Off to the beach again, not Daytona though. Hopefully New Smyrna Beach will have more to offer than cold waters and old people. Well, it did. Young people and a few racists ones. Some guys drove down the beach honking and waving a Confederate flag out the window. After a better day at the beach, except for the racist people part, we returned to the hotel for some chill time until we went to Bahama Breeze later on that night. After dinner, we met up with some friends and just relaxed around in their hotel room and watched Slumdog Millionaire. We didn't return to our own room until about 5am. After that, all we could do was sleep. Day 6: Woke up around 2pm because of the long night with no plans for the day. Let's see if that changes once my friends actually awake. We finally put some plans together. We met up with some more friends to play laser tag. Unfortunately, the place we we went was being remodeled. We decided to go to Fun Spot and drove go-karts and played arcade games. We returned to our friends' hotel for a while knowing we had to wake up early to head to Disney World the next day. We got back to our own hotel around 4am. Sleep was the only thing on my mind at that time. Day 7: DISNEY WORLD!!! That's all that needs to be said. It was super fun,especially the Tower of Terror. After a rainy but fun day at Disney, we went looking for a club. Too bad all the clubs we could get into closed at 12:30. Mad at the city of Orlando and there horrible club scene, we went to Ihop again and later swam in our friends' hotel's pool. Wet and tired we went back to our hotel around 5am. Day 8: We woke up around 10:45am to check out at 11. After checking out, we went to my sister's house. She treated us to Ihop and let us sleep on her couch until we were ready to head back to Atlanta. We left around 4:30pm expecting the trip to be as short as it was coming. That was not the case. I didn't get back to the dorm until 1am. Tired from the drive, I just hopped in my bed.
So, was my spring break filled with half naked people partying hard like it is on TV? No, but it was still enjoyable.

No comments:

Post a Comment