Wednesday, March 17, 2010

YOU'LL HAVE TO EXCUSE MY SERVANT, SHE WAS TRAGICALLY BORN WITHOUT EYELIDS.

First of all, it took me a while to find someone's blog that actually worked for me. The links of many people kept bringing me to blogs that they followed rather than their own blogs. When I landed on DJ Brown's blog, it was the first one to work for me so I ran with it. His blogs are short, simple, and to the point. He does not spend much time on analysis or going into huge detail about a subject. The post I read from his blog was the one about the "invisible people." He chose to write about Michael. What I liked about this post was that he tried to understand where Michael was coming from by putting himself in Michael's shoes. He tried to relate to him by speaking about his own experiences. According to his blog, it seems like he has had some experience with going short periods of time without a place to go. His own experience made this topic a little easier to write about because he and Michael may share the same view points. I could tell that he put a lot of emotion into writing this post because it was something he had dealt with before. He breaks down why homeless people are seen as invisible and why they are not invisible. His posts are not really long enough to give a greatly detailed critique but they get the job done. Even though his blog posts are simplistic, the title sticks out. The title is a statement that most probably would not associate with an English class or anything school related. The title catches your eye. Besides the title and the emotion he seems to put in his writings, his blog is not all that interesting. The simplicity of it does not give the reader much to go on.

No comments:

Post a Comment